San Diego CA Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Back pain, especially lower back pain, is a common occurrence in San Diego CA and globally. In spite of the fact that they can treat a far wider spectrum of problems, chiropractors have long been characterized as “back pain doctors.” Our San Diego CA chiropractic office offers a variety of personalized treatments to help relieve back discomfort.
BACK PAIN FACTS AND STATISTICS in San Diego CA
- Back discomfort affects nearly 31 million Americans, according to one estimate.
The following facts demonstrate the problem's seriousness:
- Back pain is the largest cause of disability globally, according to a 2010 Global Burden of Disease estimate.
- Back discomfort is the second most prevalent cause for doctor appointments, after upper respiratory illnesses.
- Every year, 50% of working Americans report back discomfort symptoms.
- Back discomfort is mostly caused by mechanical faults, not underlying health issues.
- Back discomfort costs US citizens $50 billion annually.
- Experts estimate that up to 80% of people will suffer from back discomfort at some time in their life.
WHERE DOES MY BACK PAIN COME FROM?
Back pain reasons can be fairly diverse. Strains and other injuries causing back discomfort are prevalent due to the complicated anatomy of muscles, bones, ligaments, and joints. Back discomfort can be caused by inappropriate lifting, bad posture, stress, obesity, a sports injury, or a vehicle accident. It can also be caused by arthritis, osteoporosis, or diseases of the internal organs.
CHIROPRACTIC CARE IS HERE TO HELP YOU FIND RELIEF
Chronic back pain can be safely treated with chiropractic therapy. Chiropractic therapy for back pain improves mobility and reduces flare-ups. For many patients, avoiding the unpleasant side effects of prescribed painkillers is a welcome benefit. Chiropractic therapy targets the underlying cause of back pain rather than the symptoms. While addressing the symptom or discomfort may provide some alleviation, the underlying cause will remain.
Reputable chiropractors will also recommend lifestyle modifications to help avoid back discomfort. Maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding extended periods of sitting, getting active, hydrating, wearing low-heeled shoes, stretching, and utilizing appropriate body posture are some examples. Back discomfort can be eliminated with self-help and high-quality chiropractic therapy.
Our staff at Better Life Chiropractic in San Diego CA is ready to assist you. Please contact us today.